Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Show your hands some love!

Ever since I was a kid I've suffered from eczema on the back of my hands. They get so dry that they crack & itch/hurt like crazy. Dry weather, soap, wool, all these make it worse. I once worked on my Aunt and Uncles farm, handling lambs, and after two days my hands had swollen up and were bright red, it was pretty awful...

On a normal day, however, the worst I deal with is dryness, especially if I've been doing chores and using a bunch of cleaning products.

Over the years I've tried a TON of different products. Some of them work okay, some don't work at all, and some just make it worse.

I wanted to share some of my recent discoveries that I have grown quite fond of. The first is probably a brand you're familiar with. So many beauty bloggers have raved about Burt's Bees lip balm, so when I saw this hand repair kit in store I thought I'd give it a try.

The kit comes with four things: 

A pair of cotton gloves,

Almond Milk - Beeswax hand creme ~ This stuff smells AMAZING. I don't think everyone is overly fond of the almond scent but I love it. I use this at night, before going to sleep. I cover the back of my hands in a thick layer, concentrating on the areas that get the worst, like the knuckles. Then I pull on the cotton gloves over it and sleep in them. When I wake up in the morning the dryness is gone and it leaves my hands so smooth and smelling delish!

Lemon butter cuticle cream ~ This smells like lemon and honey, so good. Just rub it in around your nails and cuticles when they get dry or cracked. Instant relief.

Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream ~ Great for a quick fix. This little tube is so handy, I carry it around in my bag with me. I use this during the day instead of the almond milk creme, because it's not as sticky and gets absorbed quicker.


The final product that I LOVE, is this "Naked Bee" Hand and body lotion. I discovered this at the local trade day at a stall selling local organic honey and tried a sample. After walking around for an hour afterwards my hands felt amazing, the smoothest I can remember them feeling in a long time, so I bought the biggest tube they had. The Grapefruit Blossom Honey scent is amazing as well.

And the best part about all these products?? They're all free of parabens, petrochemicals, and all the other nasty stuff, and they're not tested on animals. So you can feel good about buying them! :)





8 comments:

  1. I've never tried one of these products. I love Hand Food from Soap&Glory though. I bought it in England when I was on holiday in London last January. Best purchase ever, I love it! Unfortunately it's not available here in Belgium, where I live. The products from Burt's Bees sound amazing.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh oh oh! I definately want to try some soap & glory products. They look amazing!

      Delete
  2. Love this! My hands are so dry, I have resorted to using Vaseline. I need to try this!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried Vaseline at one point but it actually made my hands worse! I try to avoid anything like that now.

      Delete
  3. Love this post:)
    I should take care a little bit more about my hands:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antonella. You use your hands for everything! They deserve some TLC too :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...